“When it comes to vehicle safety, the brake system is at the top of the list, so have your brakes checked by Santa Clarita Auto Repair at least a few times a year,”
“Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance will go a long way toward keeping you and others safe on the road.”
It’s recommended that motorists watch for seven signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal:brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
Brakes are a normal wear item on any vehicle and they will eventually need to be replaced. Factors that can affect brake wear include driving habits, operating conditions, vehicle type and the quality of the brake lining material.
The good news is that brakes are a common vehicle maintenance.